Rules & Regulations
The Caritas Foundation is the administration body of the following Foundations, which are duly registered with the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission: The General Hospital (Grey Nuns) of Edmonton Hospital Foundation and the Misericordia Hospital Foundation.
A total of $65,000 dollars value in prizes will be awarded.
There will be 75 Regular Draws, 1 Early Bird Draw, and 1 Grand Prize Draw.
The winner of the Grand Prize will be awarded $20,000.
- Draws will be held every two weeks commencing March 23, 2013, final draw will take place March 06, 2014 with the exception of December 12, 2013. The Draw for December 12, 2013 will take place as scheduled, as well as the draws that would have originally been scheduled for December 24, 2013 on December 12, 2013. (Total draws on December 12, 2013 will be 4 draws for $1,000 and 3 draws for $500).
- Draws will take place at the Edmonton General Continuing Care Centre cafeteria, 11111 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, AB. T5K 0L4. The draws will be held bi-weekly on Thursday as per schedule . (Unless a statutory holiday requires that the draw be made on an alternate day.)
- All winners will be notified by telephone. Winner’s names are posted at each of Covenant Health Sites and emailed to Covenant Health staff following each draw.
- There will be 1,250 tickets available at $130 each, regardless of purchase date.
- Age requirement is 18 years and over for all tickets sold.
- Payroll deduction is only available to Permanent Status Employees on the Covenant Payroll System
- The lottery is open to the general public and also to all patients/residents, physicians, staff, and volunteers; which includes all full time, part-time, contract, casual, relief staff, medical staff, residents and interns.
- Caritas Foundation Board members, staff and their immediate families are ineligible to purchase tickets in the lottery.
- Any changes in employment status will reflect a change in payment schedules. Example: Part time to full time to casual – automatic full pay out. Termination – automatic full pay out.
- Purchased tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- One ticket is eligible for all draws. Once drawn ticket is recorded, it will be immediately returned to the draw drum and will be eligible for all subsequent draws.
- To be eligible for the Early Bird Draw, applications must be received by the Foundation no later than 12 pm, March 19, 2013.
- The lottery is administered under the Alberta Gaming Commission guidelines.
- An individual who is not entered in the lottery will make all draws.
- Two representatives of the Caritas Foundation will supervise and record all draws.
- The Caritas Foundation may cancel the Annual Caritas Staff lottery if less than 515 tickets are purchased by Thursday, March 14, 2013 with approval from Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission.
- Any/All winner(s) have one year from date of draw to claim their prize. If not claimed, money will go towards the state of the art health care equipment, research and education, new programs and services for the Edmonton Continuing Care Centre, Misericordia Community Hospital and the Grey Nuns Community Hospital.
- Applicants entering by phone will be required to sign their lottery entry form, prior to a ticket being placed in the draw drum.
- Refunds will not be given.
- In the event a winning ticket stub has more than one name on it, the licensed charity shall award the prize to only one of the individuals identified on the ticket, and that the licensed charity and the AGLC are not responsible for any disputes, which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
- Draw schedule is available upon request, with or without purchase of a ticket.
- Upon termination of employment for players enrolled with payroll deduction, any remaining outstanding balance will be deducted from the final pay cheque issued by the employer.
- For any delinquent accounts, the player’s name will remain in the draw and the balance owing and any additional charges to the Caritas Foundation (i.e. NSF bank charges) will be deducted from any staff lottery winning of the person in arrears.
- All proceeds raised will be used for state of the art health care equipment, research and education, new programs and services for the Edmonton Continuing Care Centre, Misericordia Community Hospital and the Grey Nuns Community Hospital.
Promotions will be carried out through mailers, brochures, posters, hospital newsletters, voice mail announcements, email announcements, applications/brochures are distributed to all staff with their pay stubs as well as on-site promotion by the volunteers and staff members of the Caritas Foundation and Covenant Health.
All ticket applications, monies and issuance of tickets with serial numbers will be administered through the Caritas Foundation Data Entry Department. (Note: this department is duly recognized and licensed by Revenue Canada to administer all incoming funds of the Foundation.)
Ticket Distribution & Recording Process:
- Applicants complete an entry form and fax, mail, email or hand deliver to the Foundation office. Applicants entering by phone are required to sign the entry form prior to ticket being placed in the draw drum.
- Foundation Accounts Receivables Department processes all monies, records entries and assigns a ticket number.
- In the case of payroll deduction payment option, a duplicate copy of the application will be forwarded to the corresponding payroll department in order to register each player for deductions at source.
- Ticket confirmation letters are sent out to each player and a corresponding numbered ticket stub is then placed in the lottery draw drum.
- Draw tickets are secured in the Foundation Office safe (Rm. 3C60, 11111 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, AB, T5K 0L4).
- Ticket sale monies are deposited into a separate lottery account at the Royal Bank of Canada, main branch location.